Padma Kanya Multiple Campus
Padma Kanya Multiple Campus (PKMC) was established in 1951 AD as the first women’s campus of Nepal. The college is located at Bagbazar, Kathmandu, Nepal and it is one of the oldest institutions in Nepal. Quality education for women empowerment is the motto of this Campus.
Padma Kanya Multiple Campus has been offering higher educational degrees in Humanities and Social Sciences, Management, and Science. PKMC as a constituent campus of Tribhuvan University has been imparting education to women from Nepal, India, Sri Lanka, Korea, and many other countries. Students come from diverse geographical locations and socio-cultural clusters. The campus possesses 4.6 acres of land. A number of buildings have been constructed for classrooms, libraries, laboratories, and hostels including play-grounds within the campus premises.
The campus has adopted dynamic, high-quality, and scientific approaches in the teaching-learning process and in research work as per the needs of the society and demands of the time. P. K. Campus believes in enriching the students with the best education which gives priority to both theoretical and practical knowledge. It has consistently defended the principles of moral education in all kinds of circumstances during the period of peace and crisis. By this standard, the constant effort that P. K. Campus has been paying for quality education seems eminently successful during the course of its history. It has survived chaos, crisis and it is in a constant state of evolution.
To transform the campus into a Women’s University with autonomous operation, refinement in educational quality, availability of resources, innovation in teaching and research, and national and global outreach.
To run the campus autonomously in order to impart quality education for women to prepare and empower them with knowledge and skills for their life, work, and occupations in a distinctive and inclusive learning environment.
- To strengthen academic expertise of the campus by upgrading the faculties with curriculum, research and development of IT-friendly infrastructure.
- To provide quality education for women empowerment to face the multifarious challenges in practical life in an ever-increasingly complex and competitive world.
- To provide a congenial learning environment that can fully flourish their potentiality with the scope for the overall development of the student’s personality.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) - Tribhuvan University
- Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) - Tribhuvan University
- Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) - Tribhuvan University
- Master of Business Studies (MBS) - Tribhuvan University
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) - Tribhuvan University
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) - Tribhuvan University
- B.Sc. Computer Science and Information Technology (B.SC. CSIT) - Tribhuvan University
- Bachelor in Public Service and Governance (BPSG) - Tribhuvan University
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Environmental Science - Tribhuvan University
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Microbiology - Tribhuvan University
- Bachelor of Arts-BA - Tribhuvan University
- MA English - Tribhuvan University
- MA Nepali - Tribhuvan University
- MA Political Science - Tribhuvan University
- MA Population Studies - Tribhuvan University
- MA in Rural Development - Tribhuvan University
- Master of Arts (MA) in Economics - Tribhuvan University
- Master of Arts (MA) in Psychology - Tribhuvan University
- Master of Arts in Anthropology - Tribhuvan University
- Master of Arts in Sociology - Tribhuvan University
For Bachelor in Public Service and Governance (BPSG) Program
- Students must have completed +2 or Equivalent Degree with at least 2.0 GPA (Any Discipline).
For BA/ B.Ed/ BBS Programs
- Students should have secured at least D+ in all subjects in Grade 11 and Grade 12.
For BBA/ BBM Program
- Students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations from recognized academic institute with second division (securing 45% and above) or 1.8 CGPA are eligible to enroll in this program.
For B.Sc.CSIT Program
- Students should have secured a minimum of second division in their +2 or equivalent OR should have secured at least C in all subjects in Grade 11 and Grade 12 by taking Physics and Mathematics of 100 marks.
For MA in English, Rural Development, Population Studies, Nepali, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Economics Programs
- Any candidates having at least bachelor degree or above from any discipline from Tribhuvan University or any recognized Universities majoring with related degree will be eligible to participate in entrance system. The candidates able to secure their position in the entrance system based upon merit system will be eligible for admission.
For Post Graduate Diploma in Women's Studies
- Passing Bachelor's Degree in Arts or any equivalent examination with an aggregate of 50% marks and above from a recognized university.
For Master of Business Studies (MBS)
- The student applying for admission to to MBS course must have successfully completed the BBS program or a bachelor degree on any discipline from Tribhuvan University or from any other university recognized by Tribhuvan University.
For BCA program
- Students who have passed PCL or + 2 or equivalent examinations with minimum 40% marks or 2 CGPA (not less than D+ in single Subject) are eligible for admission in BCA program of Tribhuvan University.
For B.Sc. in Microbiology or Environmental Science
- The candidate must have completed 10+2 or equivalent examinations (with Biological Stream) with Minimum 'C' grade in all subjects.
Padma Kanya Multiple Campus has the policy to offer scholarships and awards to talented and deserving students.
Padma Kanya Multiple Campus has five buildings - two for conducting classes and accommodating administrative facilities, one for the computer laboratory, physical and e-library, and one for girls’ dormitory with the capacity of 200 students, and an old-hostel building which after renovation is planned to be used for Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) program.
Padma Kanya Multiple Campus has a separate new hostel that provides accommodation for 200 students who came from out of Kathmandu valley. It provides all indispensable facilities to it students with standard accommodation and hygienic food at an affordable price. It has strict rules and regulations that must need to follow by the hostel students. The Campus has arranged a well-experienced lady hostel warden.
Padma Kanya Multiple Campus has a separate building for the library with a large collection of textbooks, reference books, research and project reports, magazines, and daily newspapers. In addition to the main library, DRC of Women Studies and mini-library of Food and Nutrition and Rural Development are also available to the students for updating information related to the subject matter. The campus has the special provision of an e-library with the aim to serve easy access to online resources.
At Padma Kanya Multiple Campus there are different separate labs for each subject in Science Stream; they are well-maintained, spacious, and well-equipped. In the faculty of humanities, there are seven different labs with well-equipped – Biochemistry, Dress-Designing, Food and Nutrition, Psychology, Geography, Dance, and Music labs.
Padma Kanya Multiple Campus has recently built a new cafeteria that provides varieties of seasonal, hygienic, and healthy foods and snacks at a reasonable price.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.